RE: U+1822 - finalizing all variants

From: Greg Eck <greck@postone.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 15:15:45 +0000
To: Badral S. <badral@bolorsoft.com>, "public-i18n-mongolian@w3.org" <public-i18n-mongolian@w3.org>
Hi Badral,

I am behind on getting the summary out.
Best work-around now is to go through the Font Comparator Site and read the comments http://r12a.github.io/scripts/mongolian/variants.html

I hope to get to the summary tomorrow.
Thanks for the glyphs and examples.
I am still working comments to the this also.

Greg

Here are some images, which contains following forms.
1. Shabju form of i. F+FVS1 (tabi = fifty) Bui za, ze kho are same with this form.
We have deeply discussed about it with our linguists and Mr. Jamyansuren. We can probably manage it with our OTF rules regardless of which type of words (domestic/foriegn).
2. Normal form of i (Mori = horse)
No comment.
3. Accusative form of i (gal yg = accusative form of fire)
As previously mentioned it's also manageable by OTF rules.
4. Stretched form of i (hani = polite form of wife. For every word applicable) This form is planned to add as FVS2. It's also considerable for A E N D Ng G.
This is commonly used to write poem, letter, treatise etc. We should not consider it as calligraphic form because it's aimed to justify text manually.
We have concluded for that is really a FVS is necessary.
Badral