RE: Re New Thread - FVS Assignment MisMatch

Hi Richard,

> a) Unicode currently recommends that <ZWJ, FVSx> be interpreted as <FVSx, ZWJ>.
> b) I am very sure Unicode will not accept <ZWJ, FVSx> as a graphic character.
> c) If one needs a special character for depicting control sequences, then
> (i) Use the Private Use Area, or
> (ii) Request symbols in the Control Pictures block (2400..243F).
> There's space in the block.
> d) One could considering characters such as ① U+2460 CIRCLED DIGIT ONE or even sequences such as 1⃞  <U+0031 DIGIT ONE, U+20DE COMBINING ENCLOSING SQUARE>.

Thank you very much for good advice, it is helpful to direct us how to print the mark in the text.
I would like to hear from other member's opinion and select one easiest solution for it.
This is not so critical for us, we can put the priority low for it.

Thanks and Regards,

Jirimutu
Almas Inc.
101-0021 601 Nitto-Bldg, 6-15-11, Soto-Kanda, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
E-Mail: jrmt@almas.co.jp   Mobile : 090-6174-6115
Phone : 03-5688-2081,   Fax : 03-5688-2082
http://www.almas.co.jp/   http://www.compiere-japan.com/

>> 6. For display FVS1, FVS2, FVS3 mark, we use ZWJ+FVS1, FVS2, FVS3
>> (maybe we can select both ZWJ/ZWNJ for this purpose). The MVS mark
>> can be displayed in same way.

> This is for printing the FVS1, FVS2, FVS3, MVS mark which is printed
> in U1800.pdf Unicode Mongolian Chart in the Mongolian Text.

a) Unicode currently recommends that <ZWJ, FVSx> be interpreted as <FVSx, ZWJ>.

b) I am very sure Unicode will not accept <ZWJ, FVSx> as a graphic character.

c) If one needs a special character for depicting control sequences, then
(i) Use the Private Use Area, or
(ii) Request symbols in the Control Pictures block (2400..243F).
There's space in the block.

d) One could considering characters such as ① U+2460 CIRCLED DIGIT ONE or even sequences such as 1⃞  <U+0031 DIGIT ONE, U+20DE COMBINING ENCLOSING SQUARE>.

Richard.