RE: Searching (was: FVS Assignment MisMatch)

Dear Mr. Richard,

> What is needed is some sort of folding, in the same way as Google ignores the difference between
> upper and lower cases and often ignores diacritics.  As a first approximation one should ignore the
> differences A v. E, O v. U, and OE v. UE.  Possibly O and OE should also be folded;
> that is where it becomes complicated.
> Several consonant pairs should also be folded, though a proper design may be complicated.
Yes. The folding is the solution for searching. We are utilizing this method in our local search and
in our dictionary based Input method to help and correct the user's input.
But the public search engine still not come to this level yet, this is our future task to ask public
search engine to handle the search problem.

The following is our folding list.

1. A v. E,
2. O v U
3. UE v. UE (first syllable)
4. O v. U v. OE v. UE (medial and final from)
5. I v. Y     - ( medial form is the UCS rule's new addition )
6. J v. Y (Initial)
7. O U OE UE v. W (medial, final) - the UCS's new addition
8. HE v. GE, HI v. GI, HOE v. GOE, HUE v. GUE
9. TA v. DA
10 EE v. WA  - (the UCS's new addition)
11 KA v. KHA - (the UCS's new addition)
12. HAA v. ZHI (medial and final)