From: Andrew West [mailto:andrewcwest@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 2, 2015 9:28 AM
To: public-i18n-mongolian@w3.org
Subject: Re: NNBSP Impact

On 2 August 2015 at 00:55,  <jrmt@almas.co.jp> wrote:

> As my knowledge from ancient Mongolian linguistic expert ,
>
> U1880 - U1884 is punctuation, not the part of Mongolian word.

That is surely not the case.  These characters are special letters corresponding to Tibetan letters that are used for transcribing Sanskrit, and all have a general category of Lo.  1880 (Anusvara) and
1881 (Visarga) are well-known letters, and occur in most Indic scripts; 1882-1884 are used in Kālacakra texts and correspond to special Tibetan superfixed letters (see http://www.unicode.org/L2/L2009/09032-n3568.pdf for some examples in Mongolian and Tibetan).  You may argue whether they are letters or signs, but they are definitely not punctuation marks, and I would expect software to treat them as an integral part of the word they occur in.

Andrew