From: jrmt@almas.co.jp [mailto:jrmt@almas.co.jp]
Sent: Saturday, August 1, 2015 9:39 PM
To: 'Richard Wordingham' <richard.wordingham@ntlworld.com>; public-i18n-mongolian@w3.org
Subject: RE: Mongolian NNBSP [I18N-ACTION-458]

Hi Richard,

>I'm assuming that MSuffix always starts with a letter.
>There seems to be no need to make Mongolian letters a special type of letter - ALetter suffices.
It is Ok to involve all of the Mongolian Letter into ALetter. Here I have listed is for Specifically point out Mongolian Letter or Mongolian Suffix

> MidLetter doesn't work with (c), nor does MidNumLet.
> The UTC is offering ExtendNumLet, which will cover all but (e).
Maybe my understanding is wrong when I wrote last mail. If ExtendNumLet covers all but (e), It is Ok.
We can work around (e) in Mongolian. 《ᠬᠠᠭᠤᠴᠢᠨ ᠬᠦᠦ》 ᠶᠢᠨ ᠵᠣᠬᠢᠶᠠᠯᠴᠢ will be broken as |《|ᠬᠠᠭᠤᠴᠢᠨ|ᠬᠦᠦ|》|  ᠶᠢᠨ|ᠵᠣᠬᠢᠶᠠᠯᠴᠢ|,  if Nothing covers (e).

>Although it is covered, is (f) suitable for the start of a line?
>I'm not sure that the NNBSP can be rendered properly in such cases.
>Would "ZWJ MSuffix" suffice where "MSuffix" was insufficient?
In some case we will list the NNBSP x MSuffix in the start of a line, for example we are explaining the suffix usage in the text.
The "ZWJ MSuffix" will not be able to cover "NNBSP MSuffix", because NNBSP have another suffix formatting facility in Mongolian Usage.
It will become "ZWJ NNBSP MSuffix", if we need to use ZWJ to prevent the NNBSP come to start of a line.
But we prefer "NNBSP MSuffix" because when user copy one Suffix to another line to explain the MSuffix, they will not aware to have to input one ZWJ before NNBSP.

>Should NNBSP ever be at the end of a line?
>If it is given a general category of Pc rather than Zs, it is likely to be displayed.
>Perhaps this does not matter.
No, In Mongolian there are now NNBSP at the end of a line.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Jirimutu
Almas Inc.
101-0021 601 Nitto-Bldg, 6-15-11, Soto-Kanda, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
E-Mail: jrmt@almas.co.jp<mailto:jrmt@almas.co.jp>   Mobile : 090-6174-6115
Phone : 03-5688-2081,   Fax : 03-5688-2082
http://www.almas.co.jp/   http://www.compiere-japan.com/