Re: summary on shearing style for ruby

   hi Kida-san, Fuqiao-san

On 2020/07/21 09:37, 木田泰夫 wrote:
> Fuqiao said:
>> I wonder if there is plan to write this into a
>> future version of jlreq, or are layout requirements for subtitles
>> considered out of scope for jlreq?
>
> yes, it is out of scope of the current JLReq. It seems subtitles are closer to design elements than composition of multiple lines (Illustrator vs InDesign in Adobe language? :).
>
> With that said I see benefits of maintaining important information related Japanese text layout and making them discoverable. Will discuss in TF.

   If we want to include this kind of information into JLreq (and/or in note or amendment etc.), I
personally think we first need:
- to include italic/shear itself into JLreq in details as note
   - this might be possible at this stage? - there is some kind of cases and common way for vertical writing
- to request more real use cases, documents (authoring tools manuals?), and/or backgrounds why such design was selected
   (I personally hesitate to work on, since I usually don't use subtiltes and/or watch these - lack of knowledge on actual use)