Re: Proposal for both attribute notations on the span element

Felix Sasaki wrote:
> A question to Sebastian: how do we have to change the ODD definitions to
> accomplish this? Currently the definitions *are* namespace qualified
> definitions: <its:span> re-uses the (necessarily namespace qualified)
> local markup definitions,

We need to do the same as the definitions used in the rules,
if I understand aright? so <translateRule> has an attribute
"translate" distinct from "its:translate" defined separately. So
we already have the duplicates. You just have to define them all
again for <span>.

Alternatively, we have to define a class for "nonamespace translate
attribute"
and make span and translateRule members of it. And so on for all the
others :-{

Alternatively, we stitch up the ODD process so that the class
"att.translate"
simply defines an attribute called "translate", and it is referenced by
either <memberOf key="att.translate"/> or <memberOf key="att.translate"
targetNs="http://whatever"/>,
the processing finagling matters accordingly. Problem is that the
formal spec won't show this distinction.

Its all a bit messy, isn't it? I don't know quite what to suggest.

--
Sebastian Rahtz

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk