Re: ITS version attribute

> Felix Sasaki wrote:
>> The current version of the ODD schema generates a mandatory
>> "its:version" attribute. That is correct for its usage at the rules
>> element, but not at a potential root element: imagine that a schema has
>> elements that can be root elements, but also other elements. In that
>> case "its:version" must not be mandatory.
>>
>> Changing
>> <attDef ns="http://www.w3.org/2005/11/its" ident="version" usage="req">
>> <attDef ns="http://www.w3.org/2005/11/its" ident="version" usage="opt">
>> would break <its:rules> .
>>
>> What do you think?
>>
> the schema is for use with ITS elements, and only mentions the
> the version attribute as it applies to <rules>. It does not
> per se provide schema rules which are to be dumped into
> a host schema. So I don't see it as an issue.
>
> Can you give a use case?

Docbook, which allows you to have e.g. a chapter as a root element, but
also as part of a <book> root element. My (small, but existing) collection
of docbook files have a masterfile with <book> as the root, which includes
via entities chapter. I'd like to validate both (and possibly independent
of each other).

If others don't see this as an issue, I won't insist.

Felix