RE: Term identification

This is a test

-----Original Message-----
From: Yves Savourel [mailto:yves@opentag.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 5:26 AM
To: public-i18n-its@w3.org
Subject: Term identification

Thanks Tim for all the comments.
I'll start a few thread from your notes:

> From Tim's comments on Requirements for localisable DTD design:
>
> 2.18 Term identification
> Yep, this is good : who decides what a Term is though ? This sounds
> like a bit of repetition though - wasn't

I would see this mechanism used different ways:
- By authors, through their authoring tool interface, to select terms
they know should be treated as such. - By terminology tools that do term
extraction or translation tools that use a list of known terms.

One note: LISA, who is maintaining TBX (TermBase eXchange format), is
working on TBK-Link, a light-weight tag set that helps linking terms in
the document to a TBX store. I think TBX-Link will be available for
review soon. Andrzej is actually one of the editors.

-ys