ITS rules for XLIFF 2.1

Hi all,

in the OASIS TC, currently the support of ITS in XLIFF 2.1 is being discussed.

As part of the discussion an ITS rules file is developed. The file should allow general ITS processors to work with XLIFF 2.X documents. There is one issue: XLIFF has elements „sm“ and „em“ which are empty markers. (ITS or any other) information then relates to the content between the start and end marker.

Below is a mail I had sent to the XLIFF list to find a work around. This would put a (small) burden on ITS processors, to deal with the sm / em elements. See below, I tried this with my general XSLT implementation. What do people think on this, esp. implementers?

Best,

Felix