RE: Comments on "TML proposal"

WOW

This feedback is phrased so nicely, it does look like a marvel of copywriting actually, ready to use “F.A.Q. off” comment for the future TML standard Q&A section J.

What is interesting however is the practice of course, not the “fight of standards”.

ITS may not be so much implemented yet for a simple reason – it was crated later than XLIFF 1.0 and the world of big clients are now waiting for XLIFF 2.0 (which is supposed to support ITS) before they bet heavily on it.

The benefit of TML may be that it does not need to wait for anything to happen before some ignorant “practicing developer” shall build some code using it.

What I would therefore propose here is to shift this discussion away from standards talk (and measuring whose text is longer), and move to business solutions talk.

As an LSP owner (and very practical one) I (and many others I think) would be interested to hear proposed use cases for TML.

Shall we try to identify them and then discuss and THEN we may be able to see if the TML idea actually holds water.

?

Cheers,

Serge