Re: ITS module section(s) in the specification

We need to talk about that in the next meeting..
I have strong reservations to putting everything into the module..

Again, the detailed specification is not done and I am not sure if it makes
logical sense to make the appendix normative. I tend to think not atm..

If you put everything on the module, you're forcing people to go to the
module even if they only want to know what is available w/o the module.

The module specifies everything that needs to be added to XLIFF to be able
to fully support ITS.
Putting other things there is confusing and unclean from the normative
point of view.

The modules indeed ARE about what needs to be added. I don't see why this
one should be different.

the relationship between ITS Translate and XLIFF Transdlate is not as
simple as you suggest.

You yourself specified on the wiki that translate can be implemented as non
extraction or hiding of stuff in codes.

So there is indeed nothing normative about the Translate description in
XLIFF, it is merely a description of ways that are available in XLIFF to
encode the category and what the extractors/mergers do about that is
strictly implementation specific and I cannot see any sensible normative
statements we could make about that.

Cheers
dF

Dr. David Filip
OASIS XLIFF TC Secretary, Editor, and Liaison Officer
LRC | CNGL | CSIS
University of Limerick, Ireland
telephone: +353-6120-2781
*cellphone: +353-86-0222-158*