RE: [xliff] a quick question regarding the Localization Note mapping in XLIFF 2.1

Hi David,

The Localization Note maps to two Core features:

a)  The <note> element, with locNoteType set through priority=’1’ as an ‘alert’ and other values as a ‘description’

b)  The comment annotation with either value or ref, but it misses a locNoteType, so we have to provide it through itsm.

BTW: as I said a few times already, I really think having all the ITS mapping defined in a single section, per data category would be a lot easier to understand than having that split into several parts.

Also, I’m not sure why some parts would not be normative: For example, defining the translate attribute as the mapping to the Translate data category is normative in my opinion.

Cheers,

-ys