From: Felix Sasaki [mailto:fsasaki@w3.org]
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2014 10:34 PM
To: public-i18n-its-ig
Subject: Question on domain in XLIFF

Hi all,

looking at Yves' comment at

https://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/XLIFF_2.0_Mapping#Re-writing_the_ITS_namespace

"The usage of the namespace urn:oasis:names:tc:xliff:its:2.1 is only due to XLIFF 2.0 validation constraints.

Note YS: it's also because the ITS namespace needs at time to be completed: when a data category uses the XLIFF markup and is
missing some features (we would not be able to use the ITS namespace for this); and when ITS local rules are missing things, like a
domain attribute"

I was wondering about domain local. As Yves writes, this is not available in ITS. So an ITS implementation will not look for local
attributes. How should the ITS processor then work with local domain attributes in XLIFF? One answer could be to write a global
domain rule like

 <its:domainRule selector="//xlf:mrk[@type='any' and @itsm:domains]" domainPointer="@itsm:domains" />

Using global rules for domain then means that this rule has to come last, so that it has precedence compared to other domain related
global rules and in that way acts like a local markup.

Thoughts?

- Felix