Re: ACTION-54: Try to come up with example of xliff+its test format / output

Am 06.11.2014 um 16:30 schrieb Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com>:

> Hi Felix,
>
> I have nothing against this, but is there a reason for using offset? I suppose it would make the output more compact when you have
> large chunks of text.

Yes, that is one motivation. The other is that one needs the offset for the NIF conversion which we have done for ITS only, and it would be nice to have that for ITS+XLIFF too.

> Using offset would make the creation of the output slightly more complicated (at least from a Java parser viewpoint).

Understand. I hope to get a 2nd implementation, at least for „Translate" soon ...

Best,

Felix