RE: MT Confidence mapping to XLIFF 2

Hi Felix, all,

> Any chance to convince the XLIFF tc to use 0-1, like ITS2?
> What is the rationale behind the different value?

I suppose it's consistent for the other types of scores (similarity, qualitySuotability, etc.) which have been 0-100 traditionally.

I don't think the range is the big issue.
The problem is the impossibility for ITS to use anything but its:mtConfidence for that data category.
I wish I had noticed this before.

I guess we have to look at this from a pragmatic viewpoint: are we going to have many ITS-only processor looking at XLIFF2 files? If
the main concern is to be sure XLIFF2 processor can work with ITS2, then maybe the requirement for a global rule may be lifted for
that occurrence? And itsx:mtConfidencePointer provided as a fall back.

Any thoughts David?

-ys