Re: ITS 2.0 terminology - canonic term

Hi Tadej and all,

Thank you for your response.
termInfoRef attribute would be an option for the canonical form; however,
the problem with this atribute is that it can not present the canonical
term in a standardized mode,
so that other ITS consumer tools can easily access it.

For example, current ITS 2.0 specifications mention this example for
"motherboard" term:
its:termInfoRef="http://www.directron.com/motherboards1.html"
So a tool consuming this markup can not access the canonical term from the
URL nor from going to the destination (being out of ITS standard, and some
even not accessible programaticaly).

Indeed, sometimes the canonical term may be relative, although in general
for most languages/cases, it is pretty precise.
In these cases, providing the canonical form in a ITS standardised mode
might be of benefit. Especially when the annotating tool uses approximate
matching to identify terminology.

Hope this makes sense,
Thank you,
Vasile