Solution via standoff markup ? (Re: Markup for quality)

Hi Arle, all,

I have given this another thought, and maybe ITS 2.0 already has the
solution to the overlap problem.

This is what you proposed for mqm:

<mqm-startIssue type="agreement" id ="2" />is</em><mqm-endIssue id="1"
/> involved</mqm-endIssue id="2" /> in the operation.</p>

Now, in ITS 2.0 we have standoff markup. So far we haven't used it for
representing overlap, but it seems to be straightforward:

its-loc-quality-issues-ref="#lqi2"> involved</span> in the operation.</p>

Here are the targets of the its-loc-quality-issues-ref attributes:

<its:locQualityIssues xml:id="lqi1"
xmlns:its="http://www.w3.org/2005/11/its">
         <its:locQualityIssue itsx:mqmType="markup, misplaced"/>
</its:locQualityIssues>

<its:locQualityIssues xml:id="lqi2"
xmlns:its="http://www.w3.org/2005/11/its">
         <its:locQualityIssue itsx:mqmType="agreement"/>
</its:locQualityIssues>

A query via e.g. XPath concatenating all content that has the standoff
markup with xml:id="lq1" will give you this content (markup stripped out)
"relays is "
For xml:id="lq2" you get this
"is involved"
And that is what you want, no?

We don't say what an ITS 2.0 application should do with identical
"its-loc-quality-issues-ref" values. Concatenating them like above seems
like a reasonable interpretation for MQM. Thoughts?

Also, would you be availalbe to dial in for the f2f Monday afternoon or
Tuesday afternoon to move this forward?

Best,

Felix