From:   Arle Lommel <arle.lommel@dfki.de>
To:     David Lewis <dave.lewis@cs.tcd.ie>, Christian Lieske
<christian.lieske@sap.com>, "public-i18n-its-ig@w3.org"
<public-i18n-its-ig@w3.org>, Aljoscha Burchardt
<aljoscha.burchardt@dfki.de>, Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com>, Phil
Ritchie <philr@vistatec.ie>,
Date:   02/07/2013 10:50
Subject:        Re: Update to MQM documentation and one question

Hi all,

Further to our discussions about MQM and ITS, I have proposed a
preliminary XML schema for representing MQM metrics. It is pretty
straight-forward and I have put in some internal commenting to explain it:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/223919/qtlaunchpad/mqmMetric.xsd

I have also created a sample metrics definition file containing the ITS
2.0 types plus one user-defined issue type (just to show how MQM can be
extended as needed):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/223919/qtlaunchpad/sampleMetric.xml

I put these out as a starting point for a discussion about how to better
integrate MQM and ITS 2.0 at the formal level. As you will see in the
schema, I have changed the MQM token names to conform to ITS 2.0
locQualityIssueType values where this can be done. It shows the default
mapping between the (full) MQM set and ITS 2.0 issue types. It also shows
those values that are more (or less) granular than ITS 2.0 in a separate
section. The mapping for those values is not shown.

I think the next step may be to have a call with interested parties (Yves
and Phil, I'm hoping you are interested, so I'm adding you to this mail)
to discuss what makes sense and how best to ensure that there is an easy
path from existing ITS 2.0 support to MQM support. I hope that this sort
of formal representation will help in that discussion by giving a more
concrete form to the discussion.

Felix, feel free to schedule some time in an upcoming ITS Interest Group
meeting when it is appropriate.

Best,

Arle

VistaTEC Ltd. Registered in Ireland 268483.
Registered Office, VistaTEC House, 700, South Circular Road,
Kilmainham. Dublin 8. Ireland.

The information contained in this message, including any accompanying
documents, is confidential and is intended only for the addressee(s).
The unauthorized use, disclosure, copying, or alteration of this
message is strictly forbidden. If you have received this message in
error please notify the sender immediately.