From: Nathan Glenn [mailto:garfieldnate@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2013 7:56 AM
To: public-i18n-its-ig@w3.org
Subject: namespace-less atts in its:spans in test suite

Hello again,
I have a question about the usage of <its:span> in some of the ITS test suite XML files. For example, locqualityissue10xml.xml has
"<its:span locQualityIssueComment="Senten...". I'm wondering if it is correct that locQualityIussueComment isn't prefixed with
"its:". When processing this file, LibXML tells me that locQualityIssueComment is in the null namespace. Section 6.2 of the XML
namespace specification seems to agree: "the namespace name for an unprefixed attribute name always has no value". Is this something
that needs to be fixed in the test suite, or is there an error in my understanding? I count about 16 files that use unprefixed ITS
attributes in an <its:span>.

Nathan