Re: separating precedence of 2 types of inheritance

Thanks for clearing this up for me, Felix and Fredrick. I think section 5.5
could use the beefed-up explanation that Fredrik provided for number three:
inherit from closest parent, local beats global. (Like CSS)

One more question on this. Section 5.5 says inheritance only applies to
elements, but section 8.1 lists inheritance rules for child elements and
attributes related to their "child notes". It sounds like they are saying
different things, but I may be misunderstanding the text. Also, is that
supposed to be "child nodes"?

Nathan