Re: ITS Teleconference - Jul-26-2011

Btw., regrets again - sorry, but officially on holiday ...

no news on my action item. For the topic below, here are some pointers to
related mail threads

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ltru/current/msg13372.html
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ltru/current/msg13395.html

For the topic of using ITS in XLIFF 2.0 and for the record: if not all parts
of ITS, e.g. application of XPath, work for the target environment (e.g.
XPath implementations available are not powerful enough), one can still use
the "data category" definitions ITS provides, e.g. the definition of
Translate, Localization Note, etc. This avoids duplication to some extend,
and prepares a path to bring these definitions to other environments, e.g.
CMS systems that are part of a localization chain, machine translation tools
that should be aware of such metadata etc. Yves, all: if you have time to
discuss this approach let me know any feedback.

-- Felix