Re: ITS as a microformat (proposal)

Felix Sasaki wrote:

> I have made some rapid prototyping about implementing ITS as a microformat.
> http://docs.google.com/View?id=dch8cn8g_20hrxhkmd8
> Comments and answers to the open questions are very welcome.

Hi Felix,

thanks for proposal. I think that it might be useful to provide not only
one proposal using "classical" uF syntax, but also one based on RDFa and
on HTML5 syntax of microformats. I think that now it is not yet clear
which syntax will be mainstream in future, so we should open ITS to as
much wide audience as possible.

I'm not convinced that it makes sense to have microformat for rules.

1) It will became visible part of document (and although it can be make
unvisible in CSS, it will confuse search engines and other agents
operating only on markup).

2) Does user really need to create rules for general HTML content?

3) There is tricky XPath part. Rules without prefixes will not work in
XHTML content because XHTML elements are in namespace. Moreover HTML5
spec moves also HTML elements into XHTML namespace and it is currently
trying to bend XPath inside HTML5 content to use unprefixed element
names to select elements from XHTML namespace.

But it is definitively worth to create uF for local ITS data categories.

			Jirka