Re: Streaming ITS processor

Jirka Kosek さんは書きました:
> Asgeir Frimannsson wrote:
>
>> I guess this is one of the areas where you have a gut feeling that
>> something could be done better, but have no implementations to
>> justify that claim :) Some of the main drawbacks with ITS at the
>> moment are:
>> - Having to load the instance document into memory for processing
>> - Having to traverse the in-memory DOM for each rule, as most xpath
>> processors take one expression and returns a node set.
>
> Please note that as long as you stick to XPath patterns (not full
> expressions) you can use internal pattern matching API of XSLT
> processor which is optimized for this task and gives much better
> performance then naive evaluating of each XPath against document tree.

Asgeir, thanks for pointing to the Blog from Jeni, and Jirka, thanks for
pointing out the benefit of using XPath (XSLT) patterns here. I'm
wondering if these patterns would do the job for Asgeir, and I'm aware
that this is no perfect solution. If you, Asgeir, still want to have
something more streamable, "Compile a state machine based on a set of
rules", it would be good to know how you want to construct these rules:
based on XPath, a subset of XPath (like the XSLT patterns or the EBNF in
the Wiki), or something completely different.

Felix