Re: Streaming ITS processor

Hi Asgeir, all

Asgeir Frimannsson さんは書きました:
> Hi all,
>
> Reading through the ITS spec, it seems like ITS only uses a subset of xpath,
> limited to the child and attribute axes (same as xslt patterns).

in XSLT patterns you can have predicates, like "*[predicate]" , which
can make use of any axis. Would you limit the content of these too?

> I am pondering how hard it would be to develop a streaming ITS processor with
> this in mind, i.e. one that would stream instance-documents and only use an
> in-memory model of the ITS rules itself.
>
> The pointer-like attributes (e.g. locNotePointer) does however seem to use the
> "parent" axis. E.g. in a Example 25 "../notes" is used to reference a sibling
> or a child of the context node "//msg/data". But this could be transformed or
> simplified to use the child axis given the context node.
>
> Any thoughts?

I understand your motivation (also looking into the thread with Jirka)
and agree that it would be useful. But maybe it would need to be even
more restrictive than xslt patterns.

Felix