Re: ITS rules for OpenDocument

Hi Yves,

Yves Savourel さんは書きました:
> Looking at the rules you are using Felix, I saw:
>
> <its:translateRule selector="//*" translate="no"/>
> <its:translateRule selector="//w:p | //*[ancestor::w:p]" translate="yes"/>
>
> I guess we could get the same results with (I think):
>
> <its:translateRule selector="/w:document" translate="no"/>
> <its:translateRule selector="//w:p" translate="yes"/>
>
> But I wonder what would be the most efficient way? Use the inheritence of translate (solution b) or label the nodes (solution a)? Or
> both are equivalent in term of processing. I would tend to guess that b would be a bit better because some processors may do the
> inheritence as they go rather than as a separate pass. But maybe I'm missing something.

You are right, both solutions are equivalent. I'm not sure if the 2nd
solution is better since in both cases you need two global rules, and
I'm not sure about the effect of XPath rewriting Jirka mentioned a while
ago. But you could have just one global rule like this:

<its:translateRule selector="//*[not(w:p or ancestor::w:p)]" translate="no"/>

which takes advantage of the default that elements are translatable. It
will be in effect for w:p and it's descendants.

Felix