Re: Fwd: Initia-letter feedback

On 27/02/2015 08:45, Somnath Chandra wrote:
> Hello Richard,
>
> We are in process of consulting publishers in India. In India although
> publishers use some variations of  Initial letter in document publishing
> , publishers mostly use  (1) A+C and (2) C+D.  Pl find the .pdf version
> of the document that we have earlier sent to you.(Pl see attachment)

that document seems reasonably clear and i think you should replace
what's currently in the first-letter section of the layout requirements
with this or something along these lines.

> Also , pl. send us a consolidated list of issues , which may try to iron
> out in discussion with the publishing community and other stake-holders
> and send you the integrated feedback towards incorporation in the
>   layout document.

i was rather hoping that you would be collating the issues that need to
be dicussed. You may get some ideas by looking at the text layout index at
http://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Improving_typography_on_the_Web_and_in_eBooks

one of the reasons i put that page together was to help folks involved
with layout task force work to intersect with current areas of interest
vis a vis the standards work at the W3C.

hope that helps,
ri