Re: Initial letter- feedback

On 21/04/2015 06:00, Somnath Chandra wrote:
> Hello Richards,
>
> format]. It includes both North-Indian as well as South Indian Scripts.
> If you consider this suitable , we may consider this including in the
> FPWD.We have consulted  the publishing community in India on the issues
> pertaining to Styling of the Initial letter. Kindly find enclosed the
> attached document on the same [.pdf
> Looking forward to hear from you.

thank you for this information, Somnath. Can you please integrate it
into the HTML version of the editor's draft and send to me?

Btw, there were some points in the previous feedback pdf you sent in
February[1] that are missing from this new version.  For example:

"Alignment of the top line of the non-highlighted characters is at the
top of the thicker top line of the initial letter is commonly used in
India."

and

"In some examples top lines of the initial letter and the following
letters don't touch. This is due to variable technology/formats used by
the publishers. It is preferred that both the top lines of Initial
letter and neighbouring text should touch."

maybe more, i just quickly checked those two. Could we integrate that
information too, since they responded to specific questions that had
been raised?

cheers,
ri

[1]