Re: [css3-text] New Working Draft

1. Many of the references to Unicode specifications are outdated, both links
and names. For example,

[UAX24]
Mark Davis. Script
Names.<http://www.unicode.org/unicode/reports/tr24/tr24-7.html> 28
March 2005. Unicode Standard Annex #24. URL:
http://www.unicode.org/unicode/reports/tr24/tr24-7.html

<http://www.unicode.org/unicode/reports/tr24/tr24-7.html>Should use at least
the current name *Unicode Script Property* and link:
http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr24/tr24-15.html. Or even better is to use
the unversioned link http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr24/.

2. There is a problem with any general categorization of scripts, because
the categorization tends to vary according to the purpose. You'd be far
better off, rather than having the categorization that you list, using
labels that are directly associated with the function that you intend.

For example, if the purpose is to define the scripts affected by
text-justify, for example, it would be better remove Section 1.1, and
retarget your  Appendix E: Categorization of Scripts by having something
like:

Appendix E: Scripts and Justification

The style values for text-justify affect the following scripts:

inter-ideograph
Bopomofo, Han, Hangul, Hiragana, Katakana, Yi...

inter-cluster
Khmer, Lao, Myanmar, Thai...

FYI, http://www.macchiato.com/unicode/utc/script-metadata

Mark