Re: Please read new articles before Wednesday

Hi Richard,

Richard Ishida wrote:
> Thanks for these comments.  Responses below...
>

> ============
> Richard Ishida
> Internationalization Lead
> W3C (World Wide Web Consortium)
>
> http://www.w3.org/People/Ishida/
> http://www.w3.org/International/
> http://people.w3.org/rishida/blog/
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/ishida/

sorry for being unclear. John Cowan proposed the terminology "topic,
comment" instead of "subject, predicate" at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/2006JanMar/0034.html
. My proposal is to group the parts of a message into topic related
(should be just one part) and comment related (one or more parts) parts.
E.g:
<msg>
<msg-text>The stacker has been disabled</msg-text>
 <topic-comment-structure>
  <topic>stacker</topic>
  <comment>disabled</comment>
 </topic-comment-structure>
</msg>
The idea is that a 'slicing' of the message according to the fairly
language independent terms "topic" and "comment" could help to solve
some problems you mentioned in the article.

- Felix