Re: suggestions

Yes, but we shouldn't presume we will be at the top.
I wouldn't doubt that it is likely we will be near, but banking on it is
silly.

The main w3c pages are near the top, but certainly not all. I do a number of
searches where pages from other sites dominate.
The key to making a page have a high rank is links to the page and proper use
of keywords that you want searches to find the page with.
(e.g. bidi, unicode, double-byte, etc.)

I am just suggesting we use something that makes the page easy for people to
pull up.

tex

Martin Duerst wrote:

> At 17:42 03/07/24 -0400, Tex Texin wrote:
>
> >I think as a name "W3C Internationalization FAQ" is fine, but it is non-unqiue
> >so if anyone googles for that title they get 2780 other pages, and it is hard
> >to narrow it down further.
>
> Good point. That is of course okay if we are at the top.
> And it should be possible to do that because:
> - W3C does seem to have quite a bit of Google-Karma
> - We will have all three words, in that order, in the title,...
> - We will of course produce more and more content and will
>    be linked from other places
>
> So I'm not too worried, but of course if we have a better idea,
> I don't object.
>
> Regards,    Martin.
>
> >Almost all web pages about web technology mention W3C, many have FAQs, and a
> >good number mention internationalization...
> >
> >Personally, I would stick the GEO in there to make it identifiable and credit
> >the group, while making it clear in the text or somewhere that it is open to
> >others in (just?) the WG to submit.
> >
> >If not GEO, let's make up some other acronym or identifier that is memorable
> >and uniquely searchable to make it easy to find.
> >
> >Anyone got any fun acronyms?
> >
> >TWINQ (pronounced twink!) The Web InternationalizatioN Questions
> >WIN-FAQ
> >
> >Richard's I18n Almanac? ;-)
> >
> >(I'll work on this later...)
> >tex
> >
> >Richard Ishida wrote:
> > >
> > > Title repaired. Thanks.
> > >
> > > The page heading shouldn't say GEO, since this is a WG thing - although
> > > we do mention that GEO members are principally responsible. (I'm still
> > > hoping that we might get occasional contributions from core and ws
> > > folks).
> > >
> > > I too have been wondering about the "Questions & Answers" thing lately.
> > > I'm very tempted to call this a FAQ list - like everyone else does, and
> > > like I had to to explain clearly what it was while doing outreach at
> > > LISA.
> > >
> > > Why don't we rechristen it as "W3C Internationalization FAQ" ?
> > >
> > > Votes or counter proposals, please.
> > > RI

Making e-Business Work Around the World