Notes on Late March 2016 Updates to ELREQ Doc

From: Daniel Yacob <yacob@geez.org>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2016 16:57:15 +0000
To: "public-i18n-ethiopic@w3.org" <public-i18n-ethiopic@w3.org>
Hello Everyone,

Some notes on updates to the developing Ethiopian Layout Requirements
document appearing in the last 7-10 days:

* New Subsection added on the alignment of Ethiopic numerals vertically.
* More definitions populated in the glossary.

Elias, can you provide an example for section 4.2?  I was reading about red
as a mechanism for emphasis in Ethiopian Scribal Practice 7 this past week
and was fascinated to learn that red can be applied to form a new
punctation type. In most cases red appearing in a bichromatic symbol is
simply decoration; but red applied to hulet-neteb has been used to create
an abbreviation symbol, as well as to create separate full stop symbols for
use within a paragraph vs at the end of paragraph.

While interesting as a footnote, this practice goes well beyond the scope
of our charter, but would be valuable knowledge at a time when Unicode is
ready to encode bichromatic symbols (perhaps soon given the rise of emojis).

-Daniel