Re: Initial Pass at a Survey

Hello Berhanu,

Its good to hear from you and thank you for the response.  I apologize that
I did not explain the status of the survey clearly.  It is only a draft
document at this time and is not complete.  The final version will have
more questions so that it covers most of the topics from the Ethiopic
Layout Requirements web page.  The audience for the survey will primarily
be publishing houses in Addis Ababa, also professionals engaged in
commercial publishing.

That is what I've had in mind.  However, it is also good for people on this
mail list to take the survey.  It is very crucial that a survey be tested.
We need to test it ourselves, then find a survey candidate from the
publishing industry to test the final draft as well.  So now you have
become the first tester :-)

Let me ask then:

* Were the questions clear and easy to understand?
* Which questions were confusing?
* Were the choices offered sufficient?
* Would the survey benefit from an Amharic translation?
* What other changes could be made to help a surveyed person respond?

I see from your comment to question 3.2 that a new survey question could be
created to ask "What are the appropriate uses for the Ethiopic numerals?"

Thank you for taking the time to respond to the survey, my apologies again
for not being clear about the document status.

best wishes,

-Daniel