Event Updated: W3C Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

[View this event in your browser](https://www.w3.org/events/meetings/be0342b6-7f8e-4050-af8a-0de6e86f8088/20230202T150000)

 W3C Internationalization Working Group Teleconference Upcoming Confirmed

 02 February 2023, 15:00 -16:00 Europe/London

 Event is recurring every 7 days, starting from 2023-01-26, until 2023-11-03

  Location: https://www.w3.org/2017/09/i18n-meeting-info.html

[ Internationalization Working Group ](https://www.w3.org/groups/wg/i18n-core/calendar)***NOTE WELL*** This meeting is scheduled in the `Europe/London` time zone. That time zone observes Daylight Savings/Summer Time. Your local time for this call may vary due to differences in your local time zone's observation of DST/ST from that of the UK.



Things to do before the meeting:

- Review Specdev pull request [\#89](https://github.com/w3c/bp-i18n-specdev/pull/89)
- Review changes to the [explainer](https://github.com/w3c/i18n-discuss/blob/gh-pages/explainers/string-meta-explainer-updated.md)


**Topic: Agenda Review**
*Send `agenda+` requests to the public-i18n-core@ list in advance of the meeting!*

**Topic: Action Items**
*Review of open action items from previous meetings*

- [Trackbot](https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open)

**Topic: Info Share**
*Share information of interest to the working group or pertaining to internationalization in general.*

**Topic: RADAR Review**
*Time to review new and on-going requests for specification review. Incoming requests are assigned to shepherds in this part of the call.*
*In addition, we review the status of specifications that have received comments. *Please review your issues and owned items in advance of the call**

- [RADAR](https://github.com/w3c/i18n-request/projects/1)

**Topic: Pending Issue Review**
*Review of new and pending issues raised by working group members or via the various bots.*

- [Pending Issues](https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3Apending)

**Topic: Specdev PR review**
*Addison submitted a PR that addresses four open issues. Please review this PR before our call.*

- <https://github.com/w3c/bp-i18n-specdev/pull/89>

*The issues addressed are:*

- Addresses [\#88](https://github.com/w3c/bp-i18n-specdev/issues/88)
  \*\* Add guidance for generating bidirectional labels/descriptions
  \*\* Caused by [w3c/i18n-activity#1638](https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/1638)
- Addresses [\#83](https://github.com/w3c/bp-i18n-specdev/issues/83)
  \*\* Add guidance on Unicode code point order
- Addresses [\#69](https://github.com/w3c/bp-i18n-specdev/issues/69)
  \*\* Add information about constituent parts of BCP47 (specifically 4647)
- Addresses [\#14](https://github.com/w3c/bp-i18n-specdev/issues/14)
  \*\* Add guidance on using the ILSTR instead of making your own list of subtags

**Topic: String-Meta explainer changes**
*Review changes to the explainer*

- <https://github.com/w3c/i18n-discuss/blob/gh-pages/explainers/string-meta-explainer-updated.md>

**Topic: AOB?**

- - - - - -


Getting too many of these notifications? Read [this](https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2022Mar/0013.html) email from Richard on how to manage notifications.


If you are set to scribe and cannot make it, please send regrets to the chair. Volunteers to act as scribe cheerfully accepted.

Bert \[2022-06-30\]
Fuqiao \[2022-07-14\]
Felix \[2022-10-20\]
Atsushi \[2023-01-26\]

#### Chair's Link Farm


 Joining Instructions

 Instructions are restricted to meeting participants. You need to [ log in](https://auth.w3.org/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2Fevents%2Fmeetings%2Fbe0342b6-7f8e-4050-af8a-0de6e86f8088%2F20230202T150000%2Fedit) to see them.


### Groups

- [Internationalization Working Group](https://www.w3.org/groups/wg/i18n-core) ([View Calendar](https://www.w3.org/groups/wg/i18n-core/calendar))

 Report feedback and issues on [ GitHub](https://github.com/w3c/calendar "W3C Calendar GitHub repository").

Received on Monday, 30 January 2023 17:37:09 UTC