Re: For review: Font styles & font fallback

Hello Richard,

Just a few comments of the top of my head:

- You discuss the need for choosing a Japanese (as opposed to a Chinese)
font for Kanji/Hanji in the Japanese section, but it should also be
mentioned in the Chinese section, and traditional fonts should also be
mentioned because there are also cases where the same code point looks
different for Japanese vs. traditional, or simplified vs. traditional,
or all three (and then there's Korean, but I agree that these days,
Korean Hanja aren't that relevant anymore for day to day use).

- "In a monoline font strokes are generally the same width...": better
add a comma after 'font' for readability.

- For Japanese, you say "For fallback on the Web, these styles are
usually equated with serif and sans-serif, respectively, although serifs
are not actually involved". Actually, Mincho-style fonts have something
very close to serifs, namely the little upward pointing triangles at the
right end of horizontal strokes. These are called uroko (うろこ, scales
(e.g. of a fish)), and are quite similar in shape as well as visual
function to serifs.

- I would also shortly mention font styles in Latin (and
Cyrillic/Greek?), even if just to say that you assume that the reader is
familiar with these.

- In the Tamil section, it's unclear whether the pairs in Fig. 26
(Proposed reforms of 1978) are expressed using different code points, or
they are a result of using different fonts. It could make sense to say
which explicitly (or it could make sense to say more explicitly at the
start of the article that this applies to all examples, if it indeed does).

Regards,   Martin.