Re: agenda+ Normalization in HTML and CSS

thanks for the comments, Atsushi. See notes below...

Atsushi Shimono (W3C Team) wrote on 24/08/2022 10:25:
>   hi,
>
>   let me post before the call, that I could forget to comment during
> call... (always in bad memory..)
>
> On 2022/08/24 01:14, r12a wrote:
>> NEW:
>> https://w3c.github.io/i18n-drafts/questions/qa-html-css-normalization.en.html
>>
>> OLD:
>> https://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-html-css-normalization.en
>>
>> I uploaded a proposed rewrite of this page, per our discussion on
>> Thursday. Please take a look before the meeting, so that we know
>> whether to proceed to publication.
>
> 1. character or code points?
>
>   In the first section,
>> The fourth letter could be stored in memory as a precomposed (single)
>> character
>> as a decomposed sequence of U+0061 LATIN SMALL LETTER A followed by
>> U+0301 COMBINING ACUTE ACCENT (two characters).
>
>   these two "character" should be "code point"??
I'll make that change, thanks.

> 2. i18n checker
>
>   When I've put the page into i18n checker referenced at the last
> section, I've got
>> Non-NFC class or id names : None
> https://validator.w3.org/i18n-checker/check?uri=https%3A%2F%2Fw3c.github.io%2Fi18n-drafts%2Fquestions%2Fqa-html-css-normalization.en.html#validate-by-uri+
>

>   This page surely have both NFC and NFD class name in example part.
> Is this usage
> wrong?

I do see a report under the heading Markup when clicking on the link you
provide which says:

Non-ascii class or id names  *2*

 1. |<p lang="hu" class="világ" style="font-size: 2rem;">|
 2. |<p lang="hu" class="világ" style="font-size: 2rem;">|

So that seems to be working?

ri