From: r12a [mailto:ishida@w3.org]
Sent: Wednesday, August 3, 2022 4:24 PM
To: Internationalization Working Group
Subject: agenda+ Which definition of whitespace to use?

Specdev currently has https://deploy-preview-77--bp-i18n-specdev.netlify.app/#char_whitespace

But this recommends 3 approaches, only 2 of which make it to the mustard, and it's still not clear to me which to use when.

Other questions include:
- do we really want to recommend the use of Z property, especially given that it doesn't include obvious ASCII whitespace characters? Where did this recommendation come from?
- why are RLM and LRM included as whitespace in some definitions, but not RLI, LRI, PDI, etc.?

It would be great if we could discuss this tomorrow.

ri