RE: agenda+ Add commentary to 9.3 Working with personal names

I think having a paragraph/bit of mustard encouraging name diversity is the right main approach, but the action item was to provide folks with potential examples that they could just consume. Instead of trying to make a country-by-country list, I would suggest providing an (English) alphabet’s worth of examples or perhaps two lists (one typically male and the other typically female), e.g. “Amélie, Beata, Chanda, …” and with an emphasis on names that contain non-ASCII letters. I would also supply a few parenthetically with a transcription (in Cyrillic, Greek, Devanagari, Hebrew, Arabic, usw.)

The goal would not be to provide comprehensive coverage but rather just make it easier for a spec writer to be more globally inclusive.

From: r12a <ishida@w3.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2022 10:02 AM
To: Internationalization Working Group <public-i18n-core@w3.org>
Subject: agenda+ Add commentary to 9.3 Working with personal names

Are we ok to merge this?

https://github.com/w3c/bp-i18n-specdev/pull/72

I was actioned to provide a list of names people could use.  I started, but found it was taking me a lot of time, especially when i needed to understand the name usage in various countries.  For what it's worth, here's the list i have so far, but i decided instead to add a paragraph that encourages use of names from around the world, and a balance between male and female names.

----
French        Francois    Marie-Claire
Germany    Lukas        Helga
Poland        Krzysztof    Katarzyna