FW: [CSSWG][css-content] FPWD of CSS Generated Content L3

From: Phillips, Addison <addison@lab126.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 22:04:51 +0000
To: "public-i18n-core@w3.org" <public-i18n-core@w3.org>
+Core list

-----Original Message-----
From: fantasai [mailto:fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net]
Sent: Monday, June 20, 2016 3:01 PM
To: www-style@w3.org; whatwg@lists.whatwg.org; public-digipub-ig@w3.org; public-i18n-bidi@w3.org; w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: [CSSWG][css-content] FPWD of CSS Generated Content L3

Okay, so it's *technically* not a FPWD, but since it's a near-complete rewrite of the 2003 draft, I'm announcing it as one, since it warrants that level of review. :)

The CSS WG has published an updated Working Draft of the CSS Generated and Replaced Content Module Level 3:

     https://www.w3.org/TR/css-content-3/

This is the first draft of a complete rewrite of this module, and is very rough. Major new functionality over Level 2 includes imports from the GCPM module such as:
   * leaders
   * target-counters
   * named strings
   * bookmark control
plus a handy new syntax for alternate text:
   content: url(sparkle.png) / "New!"

We expect future work on this module to be pinning down the actual syntax and behavior of all the exciting new features imported from GCPM. For those who want to toy with implementations, most CSS->PDF renderers already support a significant subset...

Significant changes since 2003 are listed at:
   https://www.w3.org/TR/2016/WD-css-content-3-20160602/