Re: I18N-ACTION-507: Double check handling of note status for unicode-xml while we work on it

Why don't we add the warning to the current github (Respec) version and Note-ify it? Then we can make WD versions with edits after that (removing the warning). If a couple of corrections have already been made, that won't hurt anything.

(Sent from my Fire tablet)

On April 19, 2016, at 2:09 AM, "Martin J. Dürst" <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp> wrote:

On 2016/04/18 20:02, ishida@w3.org wrote:
> On 18/04/2016 11:38, Martin J. Dürst wrote:
>>> We need to warn the people coming to the current Note in TR that
>>> revision work is going on and that the current document contains
>>> potentially misleading or incomplete information.  To do that, we can
>>> publish a new version of the Note (as a WG Note and in the same
>>> location) with a banner at the top saying so.
>>
>> Yes, that's what I was talking about, in particular how to organize that
>> on github. If possible, I want to concentrate on the update, rather than
>> on the interim version.
>
> I see. Well we can put the warning into the TR space without going
> through github – just make a new publication directory with a copy of
> the current doc plus warning and publish that.  I'm thinking we don't
> need the same warning in the github version, since it's obvious that
> it's being worked on. (?)

That would be fine with me, too. But git can easily handle multiple
versions by using branches; what we can't do without moving the document
currently being worked on is to have both these documents *published* on
github at http://w3c.github.io/unicode-xml/index.html.

Regards,   Martin.