I18N-ISSUE-503: order of case fold and normalization operations ⓟ [find-text]

From: Internationalization Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 21:57:02 +0000
To: public-i18n-core@w3.org
I18N-ISSUE-503: order of case fold and normalization operations ⓟ [find-text]

Raised by: Addison Phillips
On product: find-text

http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/WD-findtext-20151015/#performing-a-search-operation

In the section "Search Algorithm" within this section, case fold mapping appears as step 11. Normalization appears as step 13.

Since normalization (particularly the compatibility mapping) may change the character sequence, it may better to apply the case folding after the normalization, particularly if the case fold is language-sensitive.