I18N-ISSUE-412: No localization model [appmanifest]

From: Internationalization Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 20:35:14 +0000
To: public-i18n-core@w3.org
I18N-ISSUE-412: No localization model [appmanifest]

Raised by: Addison Phillips
On product: appmanifest

http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/WD-appmanifest-20150212/

Having read the entire document, I can't find any mention of localizbility. There is no way to indicate in the manifest the language of any of the language bearing metadata (name, short_name, etc.) nor a way to indicate different language versions of external resources (such as paths to icons). This seems like a serious oversight in the design and is not consistent with other packaging schemes.