I18N-ISSUE-475: Do Unicode Strings get normalized when placed into RDF ⓟ [tabular-data-rdf]

From: Internationalization Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 20:20:52 +0000
To: public-i18n-core@w3.org
I18N-ISSUE-475: Do Unicode Strings get normalized when placed into RDF ⓟ [tabular-data-rdf]

Raised by: Steven Atkin
On product: tabular-data-rdf

4.3 Interpreting datatypes
http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/WD-csv2rdf-20150416/#datatypes

When strings are parsed from the CSV data are they first normalized before being mapped to the xsd:string datatype? For example, are the strings normalized into Unicode Normal Form C.

It is recommended that text not be normalized if it is already in a Unicode encoding. If the text is not in Unicode then a normalizing transcoder should be used and the Unicode Normal Form C should be used.