I18N-ISSUE-345: Arabic Hyphenation [.prep-CSS3-text]

From: Internationalization Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 16:25:38 +0000
To: public-i18n-core@w3.org
I18N-ISSUE-345: Arabic Hyphenation [.prep-CSS3-text]

Raised by: Richard Ishida
On product: .prep-CSS3-text

6.1 Hyphenation Control: the hyphens property
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-text-3/#hyphens-property

"When shaping scripts such as Arabic are allowed to break within words due to hyphenation, the characters must still be shaped as if the word were not broken."

I have seen a mail thread about hyphenation of Latin text within Arabic, but I've heard a from a few experts that hyphenation is not actually used for Arabic-script text. Do we have some evidence that it is used?  Just curious.