I18N-ISSUE-299: Cluster matching 1b [.prep-css3-fonts]

From: Internationalization Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 14:21:14 +0000
To: public-i18n-core@w3.org
I18N-ISSUE-299: Cluster matching 1b [.prep-css3-fonts]

Raised by: Richard Ishida
On product: .prep-css3-fonts

5.3. Cluster matching

In the numbered list, what should follow if 1b holds true?

"If a sequence of multiple codepoints is canonically equivalent to a single character and the font supports that character, select this font for the sequence."

Is this imply (though not stating, note), that the text should be normalized so that the glyph for the canonically equivalent character can be used?  (I'm not sure that's a good idea.) If not, I'm not sure why you would select the  font.