Re: Encoding specification

Hello Richard,

On 2012/03/13 19:00, Richard Ishida wrote:
> Here is the spec we discussed briefly at the last telecon:
> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/encoding/raw-file/tip/Overview.html
>
> Please take a look and send your suggestions wrt how this should be
> handled.

I have sent my comments already, please see
http://mail.apps.ietf.org/ietf/charsets/msg02029.html.

Anne acknowledged these comments, but I'm not sure how much he got
around to integrate.

I think there are some good aspects in this document, but also some
serious problems. We don't want the IETF charset registry and the
charset labels used by Web browsers to diverge more than absolutely
necessary. The same applies for other stuff, such as the definition of
UTF-8 and what to do with errors in UTF-8.

Regards,    Martin.