Re: IRI

I agree that we shouldn't get bogged down in details, but as it stands it is
pretty vague. A sequence of JIS characters also can have a "wide range of
scripts", namely 6. And a lot of people don't know what 'script' means. What
about something like this:

Web addresses that allow the use of characters from a wide range of writing
systems are called Internationalized Resource Identifiers or IRIs. IRIs
provide this capability by using characters from the Universal Character Set
(Unicode/ISO 10646); that lets them use Chinese characters, Russian
(Cyrillic) characters, Arabic characters, and so on.