Re: [ssml11] Fifth WD of SSML 1.1 is published

Richard,

Thanks.  I look forward to hearing any comments you have on the
languages attribute.
Replies to your specific comments are embedded below, preceded by
"DB>>".

-- dan

On Mar 28, 2008, at 1:52 PM, Richard Ishida wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> I looked at the spec a couple of times, and we discussed during our
> i18n
> telecon on Tuesday.  Generally it looks great.
>
> I have a few editorial comments that I'll list below, otherwise no
> comments
> so far.  I have, however, asked for another agenda item for next
> Tuesday to
> discuss the wording around the languages attribute on the voice
> element.
> I'll let you know what that results in later.
>
> Here are my comments:
>
> [1]  3.8.1.2, first example
>
> Since the element is called token now and w is an alias, it might
> be better
> to change the first example to use token rather than w, at least in
> the
> first few cases.
>
DB>> We considered this as well but decided not to since we really
want to encourage people to use <w>, but I'll bring it up with the
group again (since we now have an external reader asking about this).

> [2] same example
>
> Nanjin+g     metropoli+s
>
DB>> Typo.  Will fix.

> [3] 3.1.10 penultimate para
>
> Maybe "pronunciation information is from Ruby" -> "pronunciation
> information
> is from ruby text"
>
DB>> We will discuss this since it could be interpreted as a change
in meaning.

> [4] 3.1.11 example
>
> </sub+>
>
DB>> I don't understand this comment.  I verified that the <sub>
element is closed in the example.

> [5] 3.2.1 para after numbered list
>
> de-SU ?   German as spoken in the Soviet Union?  Maybe you meant de-
> CH,
> German as spoken in Switzerland?
>
DB>> Hah.  Great catch.  Yes, we meant as spoken in the Confederatio
Helvetica :)