Re: Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs) in progress

At 23:09 07/10/23, Najib Tounsi wrote:

>Martin Duerst wrote:
>> Hello Daniel,
>>
>>  From my reading of Najib's mail, especially the
>> "Yet another breaking of open doors?", it seems that
>> in Najib's opinion,
>Hello Martin,
>
>I have far less experience than you with IDNs issues.
>I made this opinion  (that I expressed differently), months ago when reading a mail from you, Martin, commenting the ICANN's test of root servers for TLDs in Punycode.

Compared to that test, the current tests have a good point, fortunately:

They make everything visible, they will show that things work (and
occasionally, where fixes are necessary) very openly, and they will
wet people's appetite, so that it will become more difficult for ICANN
to pull back or wait much longer.

Regards,   Martin.