RE: 'Canonical' URI for BCP 47

Dear IETF editors,

I have not received any clarifications from you on the conversation below,
but have had some pressure from individuals in the W3C to use the address
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/bcp/bcp47.txt, since this clearly shows that BCP 47
was created and is maintained by the IETF, and it is simpler and therefore
more memorable.  Given the lack of response to the earlier mails, I'm
inclined to think that this is not a big issue, and so unless I hear from
you to the contrary in the next few days, and so that certain specifications
can move ahead, I propose to recommend that W3C specifications and articles
use http://www.ietf.org/rfc/bcp/bcp47.txt to refer to BCP 47.

On a slightly different topic, thank you for adding the note to the top of
the file mentioning that the document is a concatenation of more than one
RFC. This will be a big help.  Note however that I think it would improve
the note to mention *which* RFCs are concatenated - eg. "[Note that this
file is a concatenation of RFC 4646 and RFC 4647.]".

Best regards,
RI

Richard Ishida
Internationalization Lead